Local small construction company looking to add to our staff. We do GC work, Drywall, Painting, Framing, Doors. We also do service/maintenance contracts for the state and military, with work on all islands.
***NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE OF ANY KIND IS PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION. You must already be on island***
**Office experience is a plus**
*This position would be working from field office with a potential to work portions at a home office should you have one. This will require driving to jobsites on base so transportation and a clean record is required.*
The position maximizes the use of technology, organization, and time management for managing the needs of multiple people as well as the company.
- The ideal candidate would be able to complete task with moderate oversight.
- Candidate cannot be afraid to ask for clarification regarding the deadline for tasks/projects.
-Must be able to communicate professionally and in an excellent manner.
- Must be able to coordinate equipment delivery, material delivery according to plans and specifications of projects.
- Must be able to read plans and specifications, understand submittals, takeoffs, schedules.
- Must be organized, efficient, willing to put in overtime hours necessary for the job.
- Must have transportation, driver's license, and a clean driving record.
-Must have experience in Bluebeam or Adobe. Preferred experience in Planswift or OnCenter estimating software.
This position does require you to be able to access military installations for managing projects, meetings, etc. If you are unsure if your background hinders you from accessing military installations, please reach out for clarification. Access is denied differently on each base.
The Job Description includes but is not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager (PM), Construction Management (CM) team, and Office Management (OM) team in any and all job and project-related activities
- Review takeofffs, estimates, documents as required by manager
- Submit documents and file appropriately
- Receive and report inventory on all office supplies,
- Expedite important documents and/or materials
- Organize and Maintain office and files
- Assist in performing daily/general duties
- Receiving and forwarding mail
- Email correspondence
- Maintaining general office cleanliness
- Answer and forward appropriate calls
- Follow company procedures and processes
- Provide on-site and off-site administrative support activities
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, mailing
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and travel when needed
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Retrieve documents from filing systems and vice versa
- Forward incoming correspondence to the correct department
- Keep up with the fast-paced, ever-changing industry needs and company growth
- Directly help the Project Manager and other staff with any requests, inquiries, tasks, etc. . .
- Work with the main office on any local tasks - trips to the DMV, UPS, etc.
- Keeping all timelines (As given and clarify if needed)
- Efficiently and effectively organize your time, the office, and any tasks that are given
- Efficiently and effectively communicate across the board - email, phone, mail, and face to face
- Expediting packages and or materials on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
We Offer Competitive Wages and Benefits.
- Drug/Alcohol-Free Work Environment.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and pass any post-accident/incident, for cause or random drug and alcohol screen.
We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer" and we encourage all qualified persons including minorities and women to apply. If you have difficulty filling out an application please contact us to request assistance.
Full-time comes with benefits. Compensation depends on experience.
Applications without a resume will not be considered.