HUMAN RESOURCES/EMPLOYMENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE I – ID# 222790
CLOSING DATE: December 12, 2022, or until filled. Applications received after this deadline may be considered only if the position is not filled or up to the date a selection has been approved by the RCUH (whichever comes first).
INQUIRIES: Jennifer Lin email@example.com (Oahu).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Human Resources Department, Research Corporation of the University of Hawai‘i (RCUH) core staff located in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY RANGE: $3,400.00 - $3,900.00/Mon.
- Serves as point of contact and facilitates an efficient onboarding/hiring process, which includes reviewing new hire paperwork submission, and coordinating and scheduling appointments to verify identity and employment authorization documents.
- Ensures hiring packets are complete and provides clearance for new hires to start work.
- Prepares non-recruited hire requests.
- Provides general guidance to project staff on employment actions/categories and policies/procedures relating to employment via RCUH.
- Prepares selection documents.
- Assists with performing background checks and verifications of employment.
- Updates internal procedures and processes.
- Provides feedback and recommendations to streamline related procedures and processes.
- Assists with testing and implementation of related system enhancements.
- Performs general administrative/clerical assignments including (but not limited to) filing, scanning, maintaining personnel files and assisting with routine inquiries from Principal Investigators, project staff and employees.
- This is a progression job beginning with entry into Level I. Progression will be based on employee’s demonstrated competence and proficiency to maintain satisfactory work standards and the ability to assume increased responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college.
- At least one (1) year of clerical or administrative experience.
- Knowledge of office administration and clerical work.
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette and customer service.
- Must express enthusiasm and a willingness to learn job duties and RCUH policies and procedures quickly with a high level of energy.
- Must possess basic administrative skills, and basic computer skills to work with automated Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Must be able to manage a fast-paced, high-volume of work environment while assisting customers via frequent phone calls and a high volume of emails, daily.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently on assignments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in keyboarding (i.e., acceptable speed and accuracy).
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel applications, email, Internet, and general abilities to use data base software.
- Post Offer/Employment Condition: Must be able to pass a post offer criminal background check for working with highly confidential and sensitive information which includes being fingerprinted and having a federal background check performed. Must be able to complete the UH Title IX training within twelve (12) months from date of hire. Must be able to complete the Hawai'i State Ethics Code Training within three (3) months from date of hire, and once every four (4) years. Must be able to complete the UH Information Security Training within three (3) months from date of hire.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field of study.
- Experience working in a Human Resources office/department.
- Previous working experience with human resources system (e.g., PeopleSoft) or other specialized Human Resources Management and/or information systems.
- Knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of labor laws, and RCUH policies and procedures.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-7262 or (808)956-0872.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.