Job Title: Staff Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Trust Accounts Manager
Salary Range: $50,000-55,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Trust Accounts Manager and in accordance with the mission and value of CSI Trust Company. The Trust Accountant will support by providing quality and timely accounting services for our valued clients and beneficiaries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate bills, edit and print invoices from Timeslips.
- Prepare bank deposit slips, make copies of checks and bank statements.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Review accounts payable and maintain accurate/current vendor information files.
- Analysis of accounts receivable.
- Prepare Rep Payee annual reports and VA fiduciary annual accounting.
- Under the supervision of the Trust Accounts Manager, prepare court accounting for various clients.
- Prepare asset list for clients.
- Bill Paying for clients;
- Input vital information using Quicken.
- Check writing from Quicken.
- Review and edit, itemize categories, and print reports.
- Prepare deposit slip and banking.
- Prepare labels and envelopes for weekly and monthly mailing.
- Mail preparation (make copies of checks and envelopes, seal, etc.).
- Make labels for file folders.
- Order office supplies.
- Sort clients’ mail.
- Take inventory of clients’ assets.
- Compose letters and emails.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance.
- Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting. Prefer to have experience in tax departments in a public accounting firm.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that is reflective of the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Quicken, and Excel.
- Other Job Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have well developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.