Maintains and processes monthly hours and trust fund contributions remitted by signatory employers and assist with participant and employer inquiries related to hours and trust fund benefits. Position also includes administration duties related to maintaining and processing of Vacation and Holiday benefits.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
• 2 years college or 4 years administrative work experience
• Bookkeeping experience
• Proficient on the computer keyboard and 10 key calculator by touch
• Intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task
• Must be able to meet deadlines and prioritize daily tasks
• Must be a team player with a consistent positive attitude
• Must be able to respond to a high volume of emails and phone calls in a professional manner at all times.
• Prepare and process daily bank batch sheets.
• Process work hours and contributions, by participant, for union fringe benefits.
• Maintain monthly contribution reports and employer log sheets.
• Reconcile monthly reported hours and contributions, by fund, in a timely matter.
• Process payments from employers.
• Track monthly employer remittances and prepare notices to employers for under/over payments, no report submitted, etc.
• Assist with updating employer ledgers for payments, delinquent contributions, and assessments.
• Assist with billing employer of underpayments, overpayments, and assessments.
• Assist with collection employer follow-ups.
• Assist with collection reports to Trustees and other fund professionals as needed.
• Assist with collection referral to fund counsel.
• Assist with quarterly reports to include various employer requests for trustee meetings.
• Verify and process vacation hardship requests following fund policy on a timely basis.
• Assist with the annual vacation application process for all vacation funds.
• Verify and process vacation annual applications.
• Respond to internal and external requests timely.
• Verify, coordinate, and release Trust Fund Clearances on a timely basis.
• Assist with maintaining employer and participant’s accounts.
• Assist with participant and employer inquiries via phone, in person, in writing.
• Assist with department mail outs, filing, and various department projects.
• Assist with reception relief as needed.
• Periodic cross training with other department processors to gain knowledge of all funds processes.
• Lifting and carrying file boxes within the office
• Indoors, air-conditioned office.
• Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, 1-hour unpaid lunch
• The duties assigned may involve situations that will require over time
• Weekends as needed.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.