We are a team of inspired individuals who make a difference in people’s lives. Our mission is to provide a home-away-from home for seriously ill children and their families, and to develop other programs and partnerships aimed at improving the lives of children in Hawaii and the Pacific.
We are looking to reinforce our team with people who care, are decisive, and prepared to do a lot of good. If you are talented, energetic and excited to share in our commitment of building a greater future, we have a career opportunity for you.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Special Events & Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing planning, development and implementation of RMHC Hawaii’s signature events, and any other special events, projects, or activities related to RMHC’s overall development and fundraising objectives. This includes outside or sponsor driven community/individual projects that benefit the House through increased awareness, donor support, and partnership opportunities.
- Designs and administers a comprehensive community sponsorship program with strategies for planning successful events, creating prospect lists, developing value-added sponsorship packages, and exploring opportunities for new community support initiatives including enhanced business partnerships, and goods and services trade agreements.
- Assumes leadership responsibility for development, oversight, and implementation of RMHC Hawaii’s signature events (Golf/Gala). Also responsible for developing and managing all outside and/or sponsor-driven special events and activities relating to and/or benefitting RMHC, such as APIII Golf tournament, Rock & Roll Night, Children & Youth Day, Make Change Count, etc.
- Sources new in-kind sponsor/donors from the community-at-large and coordinates as part of RMHC’s grassroots donor program to benefit House and program operations.
- Serves as spokesperson for RMHC business development presentations to the small business community, schools, churches, youth organizations, and community service groups. Designs and plans presentation program as appropriate for target market and any ancillary products required.
- Works actively and collaboratively with other development team members to establish fundraising goals, set strategic priorities to meet annual budgets for all revenue sources and on fundraising tasks.
- Develops and manages budgets relating to RMHC special projects and events. Work with the Development Director to manage bottom-line expense and revenue objectives for RMHC’s fundraising programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work/training from an accredited college or university in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with large-scale special events, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Strong knowledge of broad-based fundraising campaigns focusing on special events and project management, corporate relationships and business partnerships.
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, and management of details with ability to prioritize and multi-task. Proven experience in planning, managing, and executing fundraising events and promotional campaigns.
- High energy level, creative, and flexible. Demonstrated ability to build and work within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to develop and give effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge and experience with database applications. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint a plus.
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms, web-based programs, and mobile applications.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Available to work Monday through Friday, 8AM – 5PM, in addition to evenings and weekends as required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract for the operation of House vehicles to transport House guests, run errands, deliver/pick up House supplies, materials, donations, etc.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, in addition to evenings and weekends as required.
Benefits: 100% PPO Medical; Retirement Plan; Paid Sick, Vacation and Holidays; Professional Training