Member Services Clerk I
Pacific Administrators, Inc.
1440 Kapiolani Blvd., Ste 800 Honolulu
Provide benefit, claim and eligibility information in response to members' and providers' inquiries and when needed, create documentation to direct action for resolution and/or changes required to ensure accurate administration of those members' benefits.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills
- Computer Literate in Word and Excel and other Microsoft applications
- 10 Key by Touch
- Type 45 WPM
- Good Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Quick learner with the desire and initiative to keep learning
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong concentration, listening and problem-solving skills
- Some accounting experience, a plus
- Prefer minimum of 2 years college education or 4 years work experience in related field
- Access, interpret and analyze information maintained on computer databases and in resource manuals that requires effective use of keyboard and PC screens.
- Respond and follow-up to member/provider inquiries in a timely and professional manner. Communicate accurate membership, benefit and claims information in response to inquiries verbally or through written correspondence within established procedures. Elevate exceptional cases to supervisor.
- Knowledge of the benefits for designated Health and Welfare account(s).
- Identify specific questions, problems or concerns using clarifying questions and research of individual files when contact is initiated by member or provider on the phone.
- Create, log and track contacts that require further action and maintain pending file to follow-up resolution of inquiries.
- Update records and complete process for various Fund benefits as required daily. Such as Age 26 notifications, Handicapped Reports, Address changes, Enrollment form verification and process, Disability process, COBRA and Self-Pay process, Child support requests, COBRA monthly notices, Life insurance process, Eligible but not covered process.
- File various documents to each member's folder for accurate record keeping.
- Present all information in a manner that represents PAI favorably and professionally.
- Assist supervisor and/or manager with other duties or projects as needed.
- Receptionist Relief as needed and assigned
- Lifting and carrying file boxes within the office
- Indoors, air-conditioned office.
- Conditions will vary at client locations.
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM, 1-hour unpaid lunch
- Duties may require occasional overtime.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.