Hawaii Convention Center/ASM Global
1801 Kalakaua Avenue
Must apply directly via company website: https://asmglobal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Honolulu-HI/Utility-Cleaner_R9511-2
- Perform project cleaning which involves advanced cleaning techniques, specific chemicals and heavy equipment.
- General cleaning of public areas, restrooms, meeting room and office. Cleaning to include sweeping, mopping, wiping, dusting and scrubbing floor surfaces, walls, mirrors and windows.
- Perform sanitation cleaning which involves specific equipment, chemical and techniques to disinfect areas throughout the facility.
- Responsible for use of cleaning machines to include vacuums, floor scrubbing machines and carpet shampoo machines.
- Prepare and deliver supplies for events such as trash receptacles and recycling receptacles.
- Monitor Recycling Center activity including cardboard baling, sorting of recyclables.
- Abide all fire regulations/codes involved with the facility, assure safe usage of all equipment used in the facility, operate industrial vehicle maintenance and follow proper safety techniques in lifting.
- Perform other related duties as may be required or assigned by the Housekeeping Manager.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of a High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum 0-1 years of related work experience
- Must maintain lift certification(s).
- Must be able to be push/pull/lift/carry 26-50 pounds.
- Must be able to move about frequently.
- Must be able to operate basic housekeeping equipment.
- Knowledge and use of proper safety techniques, procedures and equipment during the course of the day.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently. Adhere to guidelines set forth by management. Must follow department safety protocol at all times.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of the company and/or clients and respond with appropriate sense of urgency based on needs/situations.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the 'Aloha Spirit' to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect ASM Global and the Hawai'i Convention Center's vision, mission statement and values.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Able to operate advanced cleaning machines such as ride-on floor cleaning equipment.
- Experience in convention centers, event management, special events, hotels, hospitality, or related industry.
- Certifications in related areas of Housekeeping, Cleaning, Janitorial.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.