POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Partner(s) and/or Firm Adminstrator
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Provides assistance to the Solutions division by providing clerical work and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Partner(s) in carrying out their administrative (e.g. execution of recurring tasks and annual operational plan activities), professional and personal functions;
- Support managers with administrative and professional functions;
- Finalizes project proposals and deliverables as printed and related correspondence;
- Performs filing functions as necessary;
- Type and proof letters, documents, etc.;
- Sort and distribute mail to Partner(s) and Managers;
- Performs other light clerical work such as faxing, scanning, and photocopying;
- Assists with setting up internal and external conference/meetings/teleconferences, etc. (e.g. logistics, food/beverage service, equipment, invitations, RSVPs, etc.); and
- Conduct business-related errands for the division (e.g. deliveries to clients that are within short walking distance of office, drop-off returns to the Downtown post office, etc.)
- Cross-train with the Administrative Assistants of other divisions to ensure adequate client-service is maintained during the absence of a division administrative assistant;
- Assist with Reception relief during scheduled times;
- Provide administrative support to the division’s executive team (i.e. Partners, Principals, Senior Managers, and Managers) when called upon or in the event of planned or unplanned absences of other office and divisional administrative personnel
- Assist Firm Administrator with the development and maintenance of office-wide policies and procedures.
- Assist Firm Administrator with the planning and execution of office-wide functions (e.g. KMH Outing, promotion parties, holiday party, office meetings, etc.)
- Responsible for organizing the logistics for Partner and Operating Committee retreats.
No direct supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma (or equivalent), including or supplemented by course work in word processing, spreadsheets, or other office/business subjects. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position or experience in a professional services environment preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong general computer skills, ability to learn and utilize applications that Solutions adopts (e.g. Zoom, Smartsheets, Practice Management)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) etc.
- Strong written communication, grammatical and formatting skills
- Strong verbal and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including a computer, calculator, fax machine, photocopier, printer, scanner and postage meter.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under highly interruptive conditions
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions (e.g. COVID 19)
- Strong basic math, logic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and well-organized.
- Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while exhibiting excellent time management skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Personal qualities of integrity, honesty, and strong work ethic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS. The physical demands and working conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; talk; and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work is generally performed in a business office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Position requires frequent walking around the office and around Downtown Honolulu.
- Position requires periods of standing while photocopying and scanning.
- Occasional overtime required during Solutions busy season.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to revise this position and to assign or reassign duties to this job at any time.