HTH ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC
Assistant Property Manager – JOB NOTICE:
Founded by visionary developer Herbert “H.T.” Hayashi, HTH Asset Management, LLC (HTH-AM) is a privately held company based in Honolulu, Hawaii. For more than 50 years, its real estate portfolio has grown under two generations of family leadership. Our mission is to deliver value, managed through our commitment to our corporate values: Respect, Stewardship, Proficiency, Trust, and Resilience. We also believe we have a duty to all our stakeholders, including owners and investors, employees and their families, customers and tenants, partners, and our community.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for working with the Property Manager (PM) to achieve the financial and operational goals established for each of the designated properties in the portfolio, and/or any related entities. This position will handle matters related to tenant services, maintenance, revenue enhancing and other capital improvements, contracted services, administration, reporting, and safety. This position is responsible for complying with all state, federal and/or local laws relating to the management of the property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Physical property management of retail and commercial property.
• Physical plant management (roof, security, lighting, parking, dumpster, landscaping, sweeping, etc.)
• Work in conjunction with insurance providers to eliminate any potential liability.
• Facilitate signage and ensure compliance with signage criteria.
• Obtain competitive bids for service contracts and maintenance items.
• Work with PM to negotiate vendor contracts, supervise work, review, and approve all contracts, and requests for payments.
• Implement a preventive maintenance program geared to the specific needs of each property.
• 24-hour emergency on-call reporting as needed.
• Attend meetings or conference calls to discuss the properties as scheduled.
• Facilitate implementation of marketing and promotional programs as assigned by the owner or PM.
• Collection of rents and other charges as advised by the PM.
• Review/approve/code invoices in the companies file system.
• Work with the PM to calculate annual escalations of common area, insurance, and taxes for each applicable property.
• Act as a Landlord representative in dealings with Tenants/Vendors.
• Ensure tenant compliance with lease requirements.
• Coordinate Landlord work required for new leases.
• Deliver space to new tenants.
• Address tenant work orders and operations issues (roof leaks, plumbing, etc.) on a timely basis.
• Supporting the office operations as needed. Including assisting with onsite meetings, sourcing office supplies, and running errands for the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must be industrious and possess a positive attitude. Ability to follow direction, behave professionally, and work within policies and procedures.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on work assignments.
• Ability to work well with others and be a team player.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and communication skills, (both verbal and written) including ability to negotiate.
• Must possess good judgement and be able to work within tight deadlines.
• The candidate should be computer literate and quick to adapt to new IT.
• Must be able to multitask and effectively manage time.
• Amazing customer service and phone skills is a real plus.
• Must be careful and be able to pay attention to details.
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Valid Hawaii driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in a related field.
• Skilled and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software.
• Working knowledge of accounting, must be financially literate.
• Drug Screening required prior to starting work.
• Copy of Drivers Abstract, showing a clean driving record for the past three (3) years, required prior to starting work.
• Copy of individuals Credit Report required prior to starting work.
• Assistant Property Manager Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm.
• Interested candidates will apply directly via the HTH Asset Management website:
• Interviewing will occur at our office building. Please allow 1.5-2 hours for interviews. Parking is provided.
• An additional interview and skills assessment testing may be required.
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Medical Opt-Out
• Flexible Spending Plans
• Education Assistance Program
SALARY: Commensurate with experience ($45K - $55K)
*Please go to www.hth-am.com to download the job application and submit your resume*
Positions Date Posted: July, 21, 2021
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.