INBRE PROJECT ASSOCIATE – ID# 221301.
John A. Burns School of Medicine. Regular, Full-Time, Limited-Term (not to exceed 12 months in duration), RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM), IDeA Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE), located in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Supports the INBRE program funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS).
- As directed by the INBRE leadership, assists in assuring that the grant objectives are met.
- Helps to organize, coordinate and operationalize the PATHway Core student activities each semester.
- This includes reviewing student profiles and applications, communicating with the applicants to assure qualifications are met and expectations are understood.
- Generates summary reports and preparing documents and tables for student selection, participation, and completion of the semester-long Student Research Experience (SRE) program each academic year.
- Serves as the main contact and assures that appropriate information is disseminated to the partnering institutions.
- Coordinates educational and informational seminars.
- Drives to seminar/conference venues to assist with set up and delivery of event items.
- Maintains the INBRE website and ListServs to ensure content and subscriber lists are current.
- Maintains the synchronization of the group calendars with all other applications.
- Plans and coordinates student and faculty travel and participation in scientific and other IDeA Network conferences.
- Based on Federal/State guidelines, required to research and generate required forms and provide documentation to justify scientific and program events, conferences and presentations to achieve program goals.
- Provides guidance and assistance to research investigators and leadership, which includes justifying the procurement of required scientific and other program acquisitions necessary for continued INBRE supported research activities.
- Inputs program information and data into spreadsheets, tracking databases, and other required monitoring forms.
- Presents aggregated data tables from the database to the Leadership Committee and Evaluation Core as needed.
- Composes correspondence, presentations, minutes and agendas as needed.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of INBRE program leadership and committee meetings, events, scientific conferences, and research symposiums.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience understanding and implementing Federal regulations.
- Experience must include experience with program coordination, report consolidation, and working with databases.
- Knowledge or understanding of Federal regulations.
- Knowledge of basic math, proper grammar, website and spreadsheet/database development with use of program formulas.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write and speak professionally with various levels of people (i.e., students to institution Presidents and Deans).
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and REDCap.
- Ability to develop financial spreadsheets/forms that include calculation formulas and long-term tracking of data.
- Ability to multi-task while establishing and maintaining a professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to deal with internal and external organizations from various disciplines and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to complete all project goals and meet deadlines as identified in the timeline noted for each project.
- Ability to coordinate events and meetings/conferences on and off island.
- Able to collaborate and work with external organizations in achieving program goals and activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (and if use of personal vehicle on the job is required, must also have valid personal driver’s insurance equivalent to Hawai‘i’s No-Fault Driver’s Insurance) and maintain throughout the duration of employment.
- Post Offer/Employment Condition: Must be able to complete the UH Title IX training within twelve (12) months from date of hire.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to fifteen (15) pounds unassisted.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university.
- Ability to review and analyze reports, find errors, and make appropriate corrections.
- Attention to detail.
INQUIRIES: Kari Kim 692-1802 (Oahu).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to email@example.com. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-7262 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: July 16, 2021.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.