PROCUREMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST – ID# 221205.
Research Corporation of the University of Hawai‘i. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Finance Department – Procurement and Disbursing, Research Corporation of the University of Hawai‘i (RCUH) core staff, located in Honolulu, Hawai‘i. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Reviews procurement transactions of $25,000 and greater for compliance with UH/RCUH policies and procedures, and Federal and State regulations.
- Reviews, revises and prepares subcontracts, credit applications, leases, services agreements (including professional services contracts for engineering and architectural services), construction contracts, and all non-standard contracts.
- Advises projects with respect to risk areas, procurement, and contracting requirements, including but not limited to contract terms and conditions, the method of procurement/contract process to be used, appropriate documentation, etc.
- Develops training materials for project field staff.
- Drafts new procurement policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative, procurement, and contracting support for the Procurement & Disbursing section.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Business or related field that provides the skills and training necessary to perform the major functions and duties of the job.
- Four to six (4-6) years of professional level work experience in contracting, risk management, and procurement, which required independent decision-making, sound judgment, and expert knowledge of applicable regulations and business practices.
- Knowledgeable of corporate or institutional fiscal and procurement regulations. (Preference: Working knowledge of tax reporting, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, State of Hawai‘i Procurement Code, 2 CFR 200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards.).
- Ability to understand, administer, and ensure appropriate and compliant actions to applicable Federal/State procurement related regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management and staff of clients and core staff.
- Proficient in the use of PC for word processing and spreadsheets (i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Proficient in office administration techniques including filing, document flow, and workflow.
- Proficient in business reports and letter formats, grammar, and styles.
- Ability to lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds unassisted.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Master’s Degree or Doctor of Law (Juris Doctor) Degree from an accredited college or university, or work experience as a paralegal.
- Knowledge of RCUH and UH policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with using online data queries and online purchasing systems.
- Experience providing administrative support in a research environment; demonstrated ability in handling multiple-deadline tasks; and experience in dealing with Federal/State agencies.
- Knowledge/familiarity with the UH and RCUH accounting systems.
INQUIRIES: Erin Yoda 956-3969 (Oahu).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-7262 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: June 25, 2021.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.