Ka Lama Program Director
91-1010 Shangrila Street #301
Under the general supervision of the INPEACE Chief Program Officer, the Program Director will be responsible for the overall management of the INPEACE Ka Lama Educational Academy Program. This position will oversee all day to day responsibilities of the program, including grant management and reporting, staff oversight, and participant services. Also responsible for convening and seeking input from a community advisory committee and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of the program. The Program Director will also play the important role of coordinating community partnerships and collaborations for enhanced and expanded services.
- Hire and provide staff with a thorough orientation to the program.
- Oversee management of the entire program. Ensures communication among and between managers and staff.
- Coordinate the activities and contract of consultants hired for the project.
- Supervise the execution of program services.
- Ensure that funds are properly expended and accounted for.
- Ensure quality in design and implementation of program evaluation.
- Write progress reports and ensures that the reporting and accountability requirements of the funding agency are promptly met.
- Write final reports to funding agency.
- Establish and maintain relationships with partnership institutions and organizations involved.
- Maintain communication with community leaders and seeks community input about the project’s work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field and three years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Three to five years of staff management and training.
- Experience in Business Finance.
- Experience working with federal grants.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and efficiently within budget guidelines.
- Proven skills with staff management and training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with partnering and collaborating agencies/organizations at the state level.
- Ability to create and maintain partnerships to enhance the project and improve sustainability.
- Excellent planning, organization, coordination skills, ability to motivate people.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills required to prepare clear and concise reports and to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop effective solutions and resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with internal and external individuals, groups, organizations, and community agencies.
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, flexible, and ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient with programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of databases, preferred.
Please visit our website at www.inpeace.org to review a full job description of this position.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.