Position Title: Student Life Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
Location: In Country
About Verto Education
Verto Education is on a mission to help change Higher Education in positive, student-focused ways. We want to make immersive travel and experiential education a core part of every students’ college degree. Verto Education, in partnership with over sixty colleges and universities, offers the only international freshman year experience that gives students full college credit and a pathway to a bachelor’s degree in four years.
The Student Life Coordinator is ultimately responsible for Verto students’ wellbeing and development, and helps plan student engagement activities throughout the semester. Through one-on-one coaching and mentorship, the Student Life Coordinator ensures students feel safe, supported, and engaged during their Verto experience. Student Life Coordinators work to create community and foster a sense of belonging for each student. Collaborating with Verto’s local partners, Student Life Coordinators help students immerse themselves in the local community and culture, and serve as role models for students.
Student Life Coordinators work closely with other Verto staff, the Verto Program Director in each location, and Verto partners to deliver the highest-quality experience for Verto students.
We are currently hiring Student Life Coordinators across all Verto’s program locations:
- Costa Rica
- Seville, Spain
- Florence, Italy
- London, England
- Welcome students on arrival and, alongside local staff and partners, deliver orientation where students build familiarity with the location, get to know their peers, set goals for their semester, and ensure clarity on their academic and behavioral responsibilities and expectations.
- Host regular one-on-one meetings with students throughout the semester, helping them set goals and recognize growth over the course of the semester.
- Help foster a sense of belonging by promoting and building community amongst the student cohort.
- Accompany students on both academic and non-academic excursions, optimizing engagement and logistical support.
- Organize optional students activities and get-togethers to explore their program locations, and facilitate cultural immersion.
- Help create updates for parents/guardians and families by collecting, creating, and managing written content and photos for our blog, social media sites, and email updates.
- Build personal trust with students and maintain open lines of communication with them throughout the semester.
- Facilitate positive group dynamics, and foster inclusivity and respect.
- Role model and navigate living in proximity to students.
Health and Safety
- Proactively work to safeguard and monitor the health and wellbeing of students and other staff.
- Enforce Verto’s Code of Conduct and behavioral expectations as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Collaborate with Program Directors and the Director of Student Affairs on any behavioral correction steps, probationary processes, or dismissals if warranted.
- Update incident reports or cases as appropriate in Verto’s CMS.
- Participate in an “on call” rotation to respond to student emergencies, and support care of medical, mental health, and behavioral issues.
- Work as a team with program staff such as faculty, Academic Success Coordinators, and program logistics coordinators.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience leading and working with university students as a teacher, advisor, counselor, non-profit professional.
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- Experience working in a mentorship capacity
- Must be 25 years of age or older by August 1, 2021
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Professional working proficiency in English and language fluency by location
- Effective communicator with the ability to show empathy and compassion
- Demonstrated ability to manage rapidly evolving priorities.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
CPR certified from a licensed provider. Classroom or in-person training only. Online certifications are not acceptable. Certifications must be submitted 3 weeks prior to employment, and must be valid through December 15, 2021 (for Fall 2021 semesters).
WORK AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- This position is based in a remote setting in one or more of our destination countries.
- The work pace is continually fast-paced and work is required for more than 4 hours at time.
- Depending on location, this position requires such physical abilities as lifting, standing, kneeling, climbing, crouching, pulling, pushing, sitting, twisting, and walking in an outdoor setting. Other physical attributes include hearing students on the phone, and speaking to them constantly in person.
- The environment in which the job is performed outside may include exposure to extreme temperature, noise, heights, or other hazards.
- All of the above remains the same for any additional requirements for training, protective clothing, or monitoring.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At Verto Education we value voices of all backgrounds and experiences. We know that creating a diverse environment takes dedication and intentional hiring practices. We are cognizant of the gap between our current state and our commitments. In order to bridge that gap, we have to humbly evaluate where we are today.
Verto sincerely appreciates candidates providing anonymous answers to our EEO questions. You are helping us be better.
Verto Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.