Job Title: Journey Worker Electrician
Company: AIPA Properties, LLC
Location: Airport Industrial Park, Honolulu, HI
Type: Full Time / Permanent
AIPA Properties, LLC seeks an experienced Journey Worker Electrician to support Construction and Facilities operations at Airport Industrial Park (AIPA) – a large and highly active mixed-use development located near the Honolulu International Airport in Honolulu, Hawaii. This person must be dynamic and reliable and will work closely with AIPA’s Construction Management team and Contractors. All construction activities are on-site and year-round.
As a dedicated employer, AIPA values long-term relationships and the growth of its employees. We are seeking to develop the right person who demonstrates the motivation to learn and an ambition to improve the facility. We are excited to discuss the many opportunities we have available for you at Airport Industrial Park!
Compensation: $80,000-$100,000/year (determined on experience) and includes a competitive benefits package.
- Knowledge and skills to provide professional and quality construction and maintenance services
- Completes Daily Jobsite Reports
- Maintain inventory, tools and equipment logs
- Maintains a safe working environment, through pre-planning, AHA’s, training, inspections and disciplinary actions. Conform to HIOSH policies; establishes safe work procedures for all work activities
- Understand industry standards, local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code, and common practices, to protect yourself, fellow workers, and clients from electrical hazards
- Inspect electrical systems and parts to ensure they are functioning correctly and efficiently, with no potential hazards to users
- Look for electrical problems using different diagnostic devices, and be able to explain your findings to industry professionals or clients
- Fix or replace equipment, fixtures, wiring, and other electrical components using power tools or hand tools
- Procure tools, equipment and materials on time to meet the project schedule
- Assist in take-off and procurement of equipment, supplies and construction materials
- Ensure maintenance and care of company tools and equipment.
- Come to work regularly and on time, follow directions, takes constructive criticism, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and customers with respect and courtesy, and refrain from abusive, insubordinate or violent behavior
- Communicate effectively with tenants and AIPA team members to coordinate work
- Assist in keeping the project on schedule and budget
- Must have Journey Worker Electrician License in Hawaii
- A minimum of 5 years of experience; inclusive of the following;
- Ability to read schematic, blueprints and electrical drawings and specifications
- Ability to identify wires accurately
- Skilled rough and trim out electrical work for the repair, alteration, and construction of commercial facilities
- Maintain working areas clean and free of safety hazards
- Working knowledge of construction laws, building codes and safety standards
- Ability to work occasional evening shifts, weekends and overtime and respond to after hour emergencies as needed
- Ability to develop solutions and apply creative problem solving
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- Desired: Personal computer applications skills (word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling)
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position (i.e. climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, carry materials, work overhead etc.)
To apply, please send your resume and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an initial interview.
Hadley Properties, LLC and its affiliates are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. Employment will be via an affiliate of Hadley Properties, LLC. The job description contained herein is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position, which may change without notice.