Medical Assistant Job Description
Flora Medina-Manuel, M.D., Inc. specializes in Pediatrics and has been in practice for over 25+ years. We are seeking to hire a Medical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with administrative and clinical duties at our facility. To be successful in this role, you will need to be certified from a medical assistant program and 1+ years of prior experience is preferred (but not required) in a medical setting.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
• Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results, and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Coordinating the daily administrative tasks, including answering phone calls, faxing, scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance.
• Preparing examination rooms for clinical examinations and assisting the doctor with medical procedures and other patient care.
• Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
• Will be trained in EMR (electronic medical records) and Coreo.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
• Must have certification from a medical assistant program.
• 1+ years in a medical office preferred, but in-office training available.
• PC computer proficient.
• A basic understanding of patient care and medical terminology.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
• Preferably can speak Tagalog or Ilocano.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.