TSCA Environmental Compliance Specialist
CEMML, Colorado State University
$55,000 - 60,000 year
A Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Environmental Compliance Specialist position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands. The position is located at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
For full position details and to submit application materials, please visit http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/80503. Emailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Provide Asbestos and Lead Paint Management support to US Army Garrison – Hawaii.
- Review project plans, work requests, and NEPA documents to identify potential hazards and use advanced knowledge and judgment to make recommendations for correction.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database.
- Update and evaluate historical asbestos and lead data, building structures and materials and develop facility management plans.
- Conduct renovation and demolition project quality assurance surveys.
- Attend meetings, review work plans and make suggestions for improvement.
- Perform lead-based paint, asbestos, and PCB surveys, analyze and interpret data and write reports of findings, including preventative actions or measures to minimize hazards.
- Assess the current level of integration of the environmental compliance program with the US Army Hawaii Environmental Management System (EMS), and make management recommendations for full integration to meet the installation’s sustainability goals and objectives.
- Provide final reports with detailed descriptions of the projects, work performed, findings, and recommendations for corrective actions.
Work may require travel to the Island of Hawaii.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in environmental science, occupational and environmental safety, chemistry, engineering, public health, or related field.
- Work experience in asbestos and/or lead-based paint management.
- Must have or be able to obtain medical clearance to wear a respirator.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. by the proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Must have or be able to obtain valid and current certification with the State of Hawaii in the following disciplines:
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Management Planner
- Asbestos NFE/Supervisor
- Lead-Based Paint Inspector
- Lead-Based Paint Risk Assessor
- Experience in assessments for PCBs.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Professional experience with personal computers and standard office software (word processors, spreadsheets, and database).
- Experience working in highly structured organizations, such as governmental agencies, the military or corporations, with established lines of authority, procedures, and protocols.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.