Production Supervisor - Manufacturing
MATHESON TRI/GAS INC.
Production Supervisor - Manufacturing - Kapolei, HI
The Production Supervisor will directly manage production and maintenance teams on a daily basis to ensure safe & efficient plant operations.
Additionally, the Production Supervisor will be directly responsible for safety, quality, and regulatory requirements as they relate to production functions.
The Production Supervisor will also be responsible for measuring operational efficiency and monitoring staffing needs to ensure the plant operates safely and efficiently.
This position reports directly to the Site Manager.
- Provide supervision and training of plant production associates.
- Support the Site Manager so as to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Assign tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and worker-expertise.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, safety regulations and quality guidelines.
- Promote a strong safety compliance culture, taking immediate corrective action relative to unsafe actions, practices or conditions
- Interface with Logistics Manager to ensure production activities are aligned with distribution and customer needs.
- Validate and maintain inventory levels consistent with demand based on plant capability.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage continuous improvement plans in all areas of responsibilities.
- Maintenance and management of all production assets within assigned area.
- Work with other Matheson locations to ensure the efficient use of corporate assets
- Work with corporate management for the procurement of assets
- Bachelor degree in a Science, Business or related field preferred.
- Depth of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience working in a leadership role within a production environment.
- Prior technical experience with compressed gases is a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated skills in mathematics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to safety, product quality and customer satisfaction.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.