PDC IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – ID# 19676.
Pacific Disaster Center. Regular, Full-Time, RCUH Non-Civil Service position with the Pacific Disaster Center (PDC), located in Kihei, Hawai‘i. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
MONTHLY SALARY: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Provides systems administration for uninterrupted information technology (IT) services in a twenty four/seven (24/7) technology infrastructure management and support environment. Serves as a PDC technical resource and a point of contact for technology infrastructure management support.
- Establishes and administers information systems standards and security protocols for a twenty four/seven (24/7) high-availability IT operation.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and reports on PDC projects and technical activities in area of specialization including information systems audit functions.
- Responsible for the smooth and timely execution of project plans, progress reporting, and quality production of the outputs.
- Implements and administers enterprise infrastructure products and systems.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues, conducts advanced research, and identifies product/service innovations.
- Implements the overall integration of enterprise IT solutions.
- Provides systems administration and support including tasks such as the design and configuration of software and hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, servers, Virtual Machines (VM), workstations, peripherals, toolkits, and operating systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, or related field. (Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college with at least four (4) years of additional professional experience in systems administration, network administration, and architecture may substitute for Bachelor’s Degree).
- Three to five (3-5) years of directly related experience in the systems architecture and systems administration in a high-availability environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of high availability architecture, clustering, cloud infrastructure, local data center and server technology (blade architecture), virtualization, security, networking, and communications.
- Expert knowledge of desktop operating systems and Microsoft software products.
- Expert knowledge of multi-tiered application development architecture, Linux/UNIX, Windows Server, Active Directory, and LDAP administration.
- Working knowledge of programming in one or more Shell Scripts, Perl, AWK, stream editor (sed), Python, and Apache Ant.
- Working knowledge of various platform application program interface (API’s), secure file transfer and Secure Shell (SSH) protocols, cloud based services, and social networks.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery management systems and relational databases.
- Knowledge of GIS software and GIS data service oriented architecture.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop written reports, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively execute projects and coordinate with IS/IT teams to provide systems software and hardware support in a cross-platform multi-platform distributed production environment with local and cloud-based infrastructure resources.
- Ability to implement and maintain network security policies and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain inventory and coordinates high availability of computing hardware and software resources.
- Skilled in the installation, integration, and maintenance of multiple operating systems, applications, and other software and hardware.
- Ability to provide technical instruction and documentation for technical and non-technical professionals.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds unassisted from ground level while in a standing position.
POLICY AND/OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, employee will be subject to all applicable RCUH policies and procedures and, as applicable, subject to University of Hawai‘i's and/or business entity's policies and procedures. Violation of RCUH's, UH's, or business entity's policies and/or procedures or applicable State or Federal laws and/or regulations may lead to disciplinary action (including, but not limited to possible termination of employment, personal fines, civil and/or criminal penalties, etc.).
- Understanding of GIS environments and relational database applications.
- Previous experience in Disaster Management.
- Juniper and/or Cisco network security certifications.
INQUIRIES: Scott Okada 891-7922 (Maui).
Please apply directly on the RCUH website to be considered for the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” You must submit the following documents online to be considered for the position: 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume, 3) Supervisory References, 4) Copy of Degree(s)/Transcript(s)/Certificate(s). All online applications must be submitted/received by the closing date (11:59 P.M. Hawai‘i Standard Time/RCUH receipt time) as stated on the job posting. If you do not have access to our system and the closing date is imminent, you may send additional documents to email@example.com. If you have questions on the application process and/or need assistance, please call (808)956-8344 or (808)956-0872.
CLOSING DATE: January 13, 2020.
RCUH’s mission is to support and enhance research, development and training in Hawai‘i, with a focus on the University of Hawai‘i.
Equal Opportunities Employer – Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran.