Assistant Project Manager
733 Bishop Street, Suite 2000 Honolulu
Pūlāma Lāna`i has an active program of projects to manage on Lāna`i. The Development & Construction (DEV/CON) team is responsible for guiding all of the projects and managing them on time and within budget. The Assistant Project Manager will work with either the Director of DEV/CON or the SVP of DEV/CON to coordinate and accomplish necessary project tasks and requirements. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for bringing strong attention to detail to the project process along with the ability to assist and manage the technical aspects of projects for the Development & Construction team. This position will analyze a wide spectrum of technical project documents with an eye towards achieving the best cost value and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws.
- Prepare and review contracts from consultants, contractors and vendors.
- Assist DEV/CON project team with contract terms and negotiations and coordinate with internal/ external legal counsel, as required.
- Maintain an audit file to track contracts, invoices, changes, amendments, payment schedules, close out documents and time sensitive deliverables.
- Provide support to DEV/CON Director and team members.
- Prepare contract change orders and monitor contract performance.
- Assist with project cost analysis and budget tracking.
- Resolve issues with consultants, contractors, and vendors regarding questions pertaining to contracts, invoices, and payments while keeping DEV/CON Directors and Managers in the communication loop.
- Provide logistical and tactical support for projects to ensure procurement of materials arrive on time to meet the project schedule.
- Travel to Lana'i for business.
- Minimum of three to five years previous administrative assistant experience in construction and/or experience in construction project management.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of PowerPoint and MS Project, preferred.
- Must have a valid Hawaii Driver's License
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Requires relating to people in a friendly and professional manner.
- Requires working to established procedures and maintaining reliable work attendance.
- Able to think and make effective decisions quickly.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with people.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and work under pressure.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.