Trouble Dispatcher (T315)
(Req #: 3862)
Responds to, prioritizes, and troubleshoots Distribution system events and conducts power outage restorations. Issues Limited Holdoffs for scheduled and emergency work. Creates and assigns repair work orders to allocated crews. Directs 1st responder field crews to respond to system events, trouble calls and/or repairs. Receives and responds to trouble calls. Uses electrical diagrams, system tools and applications to safely operate distribution circuits, apparatus and equipment and allocate crew deployment. Communicates real-time outage information and system conditions to internal sources. Previous experience as a journeyman Troubleman, Lineman, or Electrical Engineer preferred.
- Troubleshoots and directs distribution system events for circuit and customer power outages and conducts restorations.
- Receives and responds to trouble and service calls from Company customers.
- Maintains trouble calls, repair orders, interruption reports, operation logs, scheduled distribution work, crew allocation and Outage Management System (OMS).
- Operates and monitors distribution electrical devices and components using the Energy Management System (EMS) and OMS via supervisory control and data acquisition.
- Directs 1st responder field personnel to address trouble calls, repair orders, distribution power outages and emergencies, and power restoration mitigation and system repairs.
- Maintains 1st responder crew allocation and associates with appropriate field supervisors.
- Issues, receives and acts upon routine or scheduled “Limited Hold-off” requests on distribution circuits and/or equipment.
- Operates two-way radio consoles to transmit orders or communications to field personnel with radio-equipped vehicles and/or portable handhelds.
- Utilizes system electrical maps, schematics, OMS, EMS, Customer Information Systems (CIS), company database and applications.
- Compiles and maintains system data for system investigations and reporting.
- Coordinates repairs with various departments and/or external customer electricians.
- Communicates directly to customers.
- Communicates directly to emergency response agencies such as Police and Fire Dispatch.
- Performs similar and incidental duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to identify and distinguish different colors and color hues required.
- Must pass the SRA Oral & Written Directions Test.
- Must pass PSP System Operator/Dispatcher Test.
- Must successfully complete the company job sample test.
- Must have satisfactory performance evaluations for the last five (5) preceding years.
- T315: Must successfully complete the Trouble Dispatcher Development Program within twenty-four (24) months of start/transfer date into the position.
- T315: Applicants who meet the following requirement shall start at the first step of the pay schedule and progress accordingly:
- Completion of one of the following Company Apprentice Programs: Lineman Apprentice, Control Operator Training or equivalent training and operating experience.
- Applicants who meet the following requirement shall start at the second step of the pay schedule and progress accordingly;
- Graduate of Troubleman Apprentice Program. (Troubleman or Primary Troubleman)
- [T316] Graduate of the Troubleman Dispatcher Development Program; a 24-month program consisting of four (4) six (6) month steps.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends on a system operating 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Must be available for overtime work outside of their regular business hours.
- Must have or be able to satisfactorily complete customer focus training such as Achieving Extraordinary Customer Relations, Field Ambassador, phone etiquette, effective listening, etc.
To apply for this job or to explore other employment opportunities, please visit us at hawaiianelectric.com/careers.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.