Field Service Diesel Technician - Level II
The Cummins Distributions Business Unit helps Cummins by providing outstanding support to our customers.
The selected candidate diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to engines at the customer’s site. Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
Key responsibilities for this Kapolei, HI -based Field Service Diesel Technician II :
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete less complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of – then Cummins is where you need to be.
If you're not ready to apply yet, join our Talent Community to be informed about future opportunities.
Experience, Education, Licenses, and Certifications :
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit
- Basic level field service work experience
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Ability to travel and work unsupervised in remote locations.
- Willingness to be on call.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate Cummins values.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both orally and electronically.
- Ability to work in a face paced and ever changing environment.
Skill Level A
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, QuickServe OnLine
- Familiar with basic warranty/policy terms
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships and educating customers on operations and maintenance of products
- Ability to identify and up sell further service and repair opportunities
Cummins and E-verify At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify.