ASSISTANT TO THE DEAN OF HUMANITIES
Chaminade University of Honolulu
3140 Waialae Ave. Honolulu
Company Website: http://https://chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities/
The position reports to the Dean of Humanities and Fine Arts. The Assistant to the Dean of Humanities provides administrative management and support to the Dean of Humanities and Fine Arts Division. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative management of the office and supports the Dean by maintaining the Dean’s calendar and appointments. The Assistant to the Dean collaborates with central offices in the University to ensure that various processes can be efficiently integrated into the University as a whole using the Colleague system.
Based within the division of Humanities and Fine Arts, this position is responsible for academic support for the graduate programs in pastoral theology, which includes course schedule and registration for deacons and other graduate students, as well as monitoring individual student progress and graduation clearance. The Assistant to the Dean is responsible for general supervision of the office and student workers, collaborating with the Administrative Assistant for the division regarding faculty needs and evaluations, and the budgeting process. The Assistant to the Dean supervises the program assessment processes, working with the Dean.
- Bachelor’s degree required/ Master’s degree preferred
- Two years’ experience in an office setting required; experience in higher education setting and/or experience working with students and faculty preferred
- Knowledge of general office activities, policies, practices, procedures, and terminology appropriate to academia and the Humanities and Fine Arts Division
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions, and be familiar with policies and procedures in order to prepare a variety of records, reports, and correspondence using appropriate software formats as directed
- Must be able to prioritize, relate to the public, exercise initiative, good judgment, confidentiality and tact
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others, be skilled in customer service, and demonstrate effective communication and professionalism;
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills that provide a courteous and business-like professional atmosphere as a representative of Chaminade University and the Division of Humanities and Fine Arts;
- Must be able to adapt actions to events that may require extreme levels of patience and exemplary team support skills;
- Must be willing to learn;
- Must be able to work effectively with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff;
- Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing, especially in email correspondence able to perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs and Google applications; ability to use copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
Please apply online at Chaminade University Career Opportunity: https://chaminade.edu/employment-opportunities/
Chaminade University of Honolulu is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.